CONTACT US: email@example.com (506) 2511-2200
© Copyrights University of Costa Rica.
This section is designed to guide the user in various functions and handling page Research Center in Marine Sciences and Limnology (CIMAR)
The Center for Research in Marine Sciences and Limnology - CIMAR , is located in the City of Research at the University of Costa Rica, Sabanilla de Montes de Oca.
The most important research areas in Costa Rica and are covered by the CIMAR are:
- Golfo de Papagayo: Zona de afloramiento costero.
- Golfo de Nicoya: Sistema estuarino.
- Golfo Dulce: Fosa anoxica.
- Limón-Gandoca: Costas coralinas.
- Isla del Coco: Parque Nacional.
- Isla del Caño: Reserva Natural.
- Lagos y lagunas: The whole country.
At the Center for Research in Marine Sciences and Limnology - CIMAR , has a unit which is responsible for providing all kinds of forecasts at the national level, waves and winds that can affect national coasts
This unit is called Ocean Information Module - MIO. To learn more about the MIO, press here.